Splinter is the father-figure and sensei of the Ninja Turtles.
He was once a celebrity and a Battle Nexus champion named Lou Jitsu who was ended up turned into a mutant rat that turned four turtles into mutants by Baron Draxum.
His personality is much less elegant, now more humorous, crude, and partakes in gluttonous activities (such as eating a whole cake on the couch while watching a game show.)
He is absent-minded and even has trouble remembering his sons' names, often referring to them by their mask colors.
Splinter however retains his martial arts knowledge and acrobatic moves, and eventually mentors the turtles.
He deeply cares about the safety of the Turtles, and as a result he is shown to be strict at times. When threats about Baron Draxum are discovered, Splinter became very serious in training the Turtles to perfect their fighting skills.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Mutated Rat Physiology Edit
Splinter has mutated rat physiology, Giving him athletic abilities beyond even the most dedicated training as well as all of the abilities of a rat but to a heightened mutated level.
- Near-Superhuman Strength: Due To his mutation as well as his unique physiology, Splinter can deal powerful blows with his hands, feet and tail.
- Superhuman Speed: Splinter can move pretty quickly, due to his mutation as well as his ninja skills.
- Superhuman Jumping - Splinter can jump much higher than a normal human and can leap hundreds of feet into the air and can leap miles in a single jump.
- Superhuman Invulnerability - Splinter is nearly indestructible and can take utra-powerful attacks.
- Shinobi Arts: Splinter can utilize Ninjutsu, the historic style of martial arts, tactics, strategy, and espionage of unconventional and guerrilla warfare.
- According to Leo, Splinter always falls asleep after eating milk and cake.
- After learning about threats such as Baron Draxum and the fact that the Foot Clan is planning to revive the Shredder, Splinter begins training the Turtles more seriously.
- It is also possible that Splinter was lazy because he did not want to focus on combat following his time in the Battle Nexus.
- Throughout most of Season 1, it was hinted that Splinter was once Lou Jitsu (and Hamato Yoshi).
- While in Big Mama's Battle Nexus, Lou Jitsu briefly had a pet rat. This was a reference to previous incarnations of Hamato Yoshi having a pet rat that would later became Splinter.